The Malta Veterinary Association
MVA represents veterinarians working in all fields, mainly Small and Large animal practitioners, but also veterinarians in the state sector. The veterinary profession spreads over a wide field, promoting the health and welfare of animals, as well as public health, where issues like food hygiene and zoonosis are concerned.
MVA is a non-profit body with the following aims and objectives:
• To promote and support all initiatives dealing with animal welfare issues in Malta and Gozo;
• To offer an active advisory role when authorities are formulating animal-centric policy;
• To uphold the honour and integrity of the Veterinary Profession in Malta and Gozo;
• To promote and protect the interests of the Veterinary Profession in Malta and Gozo;
• To maintain and improve the conditions under which the profession is practised;
• To protect the rights of the Veterinary Profession in Malta and Gozo;
• To provide for the dissemination of advances in professional knowledge;
• To maintain good, ethical working relationships between members of the profession;
• To establish relations with outside persons and bodies;
• To take any appropriate measures to fulfill the above aims and objectives.
MVA website and the public
The MVA is affiliated with the Malta Federation of Professional Associations (MFPA) and with other international Veterinary Associations including:
FVE (Federation of Veterinarians of Europe),
FECAVA (Federation of European Companion Animals Veterinary Association),
WVA (World Veterinary Association) and
CVA (Commonwealth Veterinary Association).
To promote the continuous upgrading of the skills of members in private practice, MVA organises regular courses and seminars at which foreign and local experts share their experiences, both theoretical and practical, with members.
Suggestion for improvements to this website from both veterinarians and animal owners are welcome.